Ratio/Process monitors allow installers to verify that process parameters are being met by their equipment. Add a fault-protection feature that turns off the proportioner if parameters are not withing tolerances can prevent most foam problems. This equipment automatically will do the following:
- provide security/alarms for this specialized equipment when the mobile factory is not occupied
- monitor processing equipment functions
- provide access to equipment information and controls by the operators from nearby remote locations
- provide access to information about the equipment operation by the owners of the equipment from remote home office locations
- control process settings and operation, including automatic shutdown if processing parameters are not maintained within specifications
- record the processing parameter sensor outputs and report compliance to the operators and owners
Note that the alternative to using this after-market capability is to manually monitor and record process equipment operations. Manual calibration is a key step in manually verifying that chemical conditioning and proportioning are within the foam manufacturer’s tolerances.