This consulting option goes beyond just planning to provide a package of services that comprise a complete foam installation process, from the design to the final certification. The general scope of a turn-key project is typically as follows:
- Evaluate the site conditions, constraints, and the project goals.
- Design a code and standards compliant installation that will meet all building science and project criteria.
- Pre-qualify foam products and support the Client in selecting the right one for their installation.
- Pre-qualify Foam Installers and support the Client in selecting the right one for their application, or a list of qualified Foam Installers if a bid process will be used.
- Develop a set of work specifications if a bid process will not be used.
- Develop a bid specification including a comprehensive list of submittals that will assure project quality and code/standards compliance if a bid process will be used.
- Develop a set of bid solicitation forms and cover letter.
- Support the Client in selecting a qualified bidder.
- Review the Foam Installer’s submittals and support the Client in the approval process.
- Support the Client during the preparation and installation work.
- Provide quality control inspection and testing as required for the foam materials and the installation.
- Certify the installation and review the post-installation submittals/documentation provided by the Foam Installer. Support the Client in the approval process.
The turn-key package is typically provided to support Owners or Building Operators who do not have the expertise or time to design and implement a successful foam installation project without professional support. However, any combination of these services can be packaged for a Client who does have some of the capabilities listed above. Please contact Henri for more information about any of these procedures or to develop a custom foam installation package. Note that these packages may also include related work such as fire protection coatings, air sealing, or performance testing.