If you would like me to help you with your building envelope remediation, upgrade, or new construction project, I can provide the following support services:
- Perform plan and specification reviews for new construction.
- Develop guarantee requirements to facilitate high-performance building envelope projects, including establishing airtightness standards and quality assurance protocols.
- Pre-qualify and select the appropriate products for the work.
- Plan the remediation/improvement work and determine performance compliance requirements.
- Develop a bid scope for the remediation/improvement work. This includes product selection, detailing, and distribution of responsibilities.
- Pre-qualify and select Contractors for the work.
- Solicit competitive bids for all aspects of the work not provided by the Owner. This work will be coordinated with the Owner, the Architect, and/or the General Contractor (when required).
- Participate in the bid opening, review contractor pricing and submittals, and Contractor selection.
- After the contract is signed, oversee the work and provide quality assurance procedures as required to assure compliance with the established performance criteria.
- When the remediation work is complete, perform a follow-up blower-door test, or other appropriate performance compliance testing, to determine if we need to go any further down the list of priorities to cost-effectively reduce or eliminate your air-leakage problems.
Other Owner Services include:
Project design and planning support
- Turn-key foam installations
- Material and installation specification development (foam, air barrier, insulation, quality assurance, etc.)
- Architectural detailing for high-performance enclosures
- Codes and standards compliance assessments
- Foam and air/vapor (A/V) barrier product/material qualification and selection
- Air barrier modeling and airtightness standard development
- Budget development and value pricing assessments
- Submittals development and reviews
- Cost- reduction programs for high-performance buildings
General building performance and diagnostic inspections
- Visual evaluations
- Infrared thermography
- Blower door testing
- Material testing
- Third-party report, blower door test, and infrared thermography interpretations
- Contractor pre-qualification and selection support
- Bid specification, forms, and solicitations
- Contract development and negotiation
- Project management
Building envelope commissioning
- Field inspections of building envelope and foam installations
- Building performance and quality assurance testing
- Quality assurance testing (Materials, Theatrical fog, Blower Door, Infrared, etc.)
- Compliance testing
Problem solving and insurance situations (building envelope/science problems):
- Field inspections of building envelope and foam installation problems
- Diagnostic testing and remediation planning for ice dams, moisture, freeze-ups, etc.
- Contract and documentation reviews for liability assessment
- Remediation planning and protocols
- Expert testimony